CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY-AKA PERMITLESS CARRY
No Exam No Shooting No Application Fees No License
Texans now have two options for carrying a handgun. Option 1 is License to Carry and option 2 is carrying without a license i.e., constitutional carry.
Constitutional carry also known as Texas permitless carry went into law September 1st of 2021. In general, you can conceal or open carry a handgun in Texas without a handgun license. However, there are many laws and regulations that apply and it is every person’s responsibility to know these before carrying a handgun.
Does this replace the Texas License to Carry? It absolutely does not. The Texas Handgun Licensing Program does not go away with permitless carry. In fact, with an LTC, you can carry in more places with fewer restrictions; receive legal protections as well as multiple other crucial benefits. However if you do not meet the eligibility requirements for the LTC, or don’t want to get one for other personal reasons, permitless carry is the way to go.
What You Will Learn:
- Texas weapon law and how it affects the carrying handguns in public
- The eligibility requirements for permitless carry in Texas
- Prohibited locations and where you can and cannot carry a handgun
- Which signs prohibit the carry of firearms in private businesses
- How to interact with Law Enforcement and crisis situations
- Situational awareness and how it affects you.