Carry 1: $175.00 (4HR)
The Carry 1, is an introductory 4-hour class for a serious License to Carry holder or someone that will be obtaining an LTC. This is a 4-hour block of instruction for a semi-automatic pistol only. You will practice multiple repetitions with dry and live fire draws.
This is not the license to carry course. you will not obtain any certification in this course.
- Build a safe and strong foundation for LTC concealed carry skills.
- Students learn holster and supporting equipment selection with the proper placement on the belt for concealed carry.
- Practice under instructor supervision the proper steps to the draw by using dry fire drills that will progress to live fire using the learned skills.
Pistol 1, or the 2-hour private is highly recommended to develop safe gun handling, as well as operating the handgun and for improving marksmanship.
The Carry 1 goal is to teach drawing from concealed carry. If you lack skills on range safety, gun operation, and marksmanship you will struggle in this 4-hour class. Safety violations will result with dismissal from the class with no refund.
Proper holster and equipment are mandated for safety. No nylon holster allowed, no Blackhawk Serpa, or other holster that requires your trigger finger to remove retention. Holster must be strong-side outside the waistband. Kydex material is highly recommended over all other materials. In Conceal Carry 1 (IWB) inside the waistband holster and appendix holster are not taught.
Equipment Required (no exceptions):
- Semi-automatic pistol (9mm, .40 or .45acp)
- 3 magazines
- OWB, outside the waistband strong-side holster (Recommendation “Bravo Concealment”)
- Single or double magazine pouch (Recommendation “Bravo Concealment”)
- Belt, sturdy belt minimum 1.5 inch
- Hearing protection (electronic recommended)
- Required clothing will be loose fitting polo shirt, comfortable pants or shorts
- Recommend: wearing a t-shirt under polo shirt
- Any other clothing appropriate for outdoor range and weather conditions
- Ball cap, keep sweat, sun and brass off face
- Athletic shoes, boots, no open toe shoes or sandals
- Water and snacks
- 200 rounds for your pistol